. Y’all!!! I’m way excited once again to be joining Kelly over at Miles-to-Go for her making a difference link-up! Why? Because there’a giveaway here!! But first…
This is a once monthly event held on Wednesdays about giving back through running or anything fitness related. I had so many things to blog about last time, here, when it comes to giving back so I decided to break it down into four parts. I touched on the topics you can expect from me in the upcoming months last post so today I’m going to start with St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital fundraising in honor of the marathon coming up in 10 days!!!! I had set a personal goal to raise $500.00 and I’m only $75 shy of that.
Why am I so personally passionate about raising funds for St.Jude’s hospital??
- Children are a precious gift
- Medical care is outrageously expensive
- Cancer sucks and it’s unfair that it attacks the lives of anyone, especially little lives
- It reminds me to appreciate my own child and his health
- Fund raising for others teaches my son to be grateful for his moving, strong, healthy body and what it means to give back
- You never know when YOU may need the help someday
- We can feel helpless in situations like cancer but giving back helps us feel like we have done something.
- I may not be a doctor and so I can not help those who are ill in that respect, but I can RUN & support those who do have the skills to help heal! We can all play a part in this life to help others. Do what you can, where you are!
Every dollar donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital counts! Take a look at some of the possibilities that your effort could provide to the kids and families of St. Jude.
Infant Care Supplies for 10 Babies: $50
These supplies help parents and nurses care for babies in treatment and include items like diapers, baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, footies and heel warmers.
Wagons can make traveling through the halls of St. Jude easier for parents and more fun for a young child.
Parties to celebrate birthdays, holidays and “coming off chemo”: $75
St. Jude provides parties, decorations, cakes and more to keep spirits high during the holidays and to celebrate special occasions like birthdays and a child’s completion of chemotherapy treatment.
If this isn’t enough to make you want to support St. Jude maybe this will,
And lastly….If that still isn’t enough to encourage you to give I have devised a challenge & GIVEAWAY for you: Since I am running the Country Music Rock n’ Roll Marathon next Saturday, I am offering YOU the chance to guess my finishing marathon time! Whoever comes closest WINS a free tube of NUUN.
NUUN has gotten me through many tough running workouts and helps keep my hydrated without all the chemicals and sugars other drinks offer.
The rules are very simple:
*must be a US resident. Sorry my Canadian friends!
*contents runs through April 26, 2015. Last entry must made by 7:00 am.
- Mandatory: Donate just $1 dollar to St. Jude HERE, comment below that you did, and your guess for my projected marathon finishing time to the closest second. (ex: 3:35:00)
- Like Flying Feet in Faith on Facebook HERE and share this post.
- Follow Flying Feet in Faith on Twitter HERE and tweet about it.
YOU HAVE 10 DAYS TO GUESS AND DONATE! On April 25th I will run 26.2 beautiful miles. I will have my finish time and whoever is closest wins. Simple!
Prize will be mailed out as soon as I have the winner’s info that week.
Good luck and a HUGE thank you to all those who have supported, encouraged, and motivated me on this marathon journey. I can honestly say I have never trained so hard for a race as I have this one.
Pass on the St. Jude love!!!
pssst….If giving back is your thing feel free to add your link below to join in on the conversation.
Add your link HERE.