If you’ve ever struggled with a fall in life, run or a race this video will for sure encourage you to get up and GO!
…I swear I’ve been a good girl, other than those two servings of peach cobbler!! Last week and this week I will have had only one or two days max to run…which means lots of exercises DVDs…yay…can you hear my sarcasm?? One of the reasons I fell in love with running was that fact that it didn’t feel like exercise to me. And Pilate’s, Kickboxing and Tae Bo do! I’ve tried the whole running in place thing in front of my TV..talk about wanting to just shoot yourself in the head! Boring…. I did add squats, high knees, etc… but that felt like exercise too… boo.
The reason for my lack of running is due to the fact that I’m a single momma who works full time. The only days I really get to go run (other than our fun times at the bike path on my every other rare weekends off–which I totally count :-)) are the days that my son is in school and I have a late shift at work, so I can run in the morning, or a weekday off while he’s in school.. as you know, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and the kiddos will be out of school. I can’t exactly take my six year old out on an eight a.m. five mile run! So DVDs it is and magazine workouts galore…yay…
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. I know this. So I will focus on strength workouts all week…again with the yay…and next week get a few runs in before the race!! Can’t believe it’s almost here. I’m getting kind of nervous. I’ve heard you shouldn’t focus on time on your first race, just focus on the fact you completed it. But I can’t help it! I see all these amazing women runners and I want to be amazing too! But without running more than once, or twice, or three times (if I’m reallllly lucky) a week, I just don’t foresee me ever being amazing. It’s a little frustrating…. so you see Santa… this is why I just NEED a treadmill!!!! And I’m kinda on a tight budget… so …reason numero dos why I NEED one from you. 🙂
Please and thank you!
Anyone have any exciting DVDs they recommend??
And if I don’t get around to posting before Thanksgiving, hope everyone enjoys a wonderful, blessed day with family and friends!!! We do have much to be thankful for…even if we don’t have treadmills…God blessed me with a strong and healthy body. And a strong and healthy son!!!! What more could a girl want??? ( a treadmill–I had to throw that in there ;-))
I’m a novice blogger. I keep seeing all these really cool and original blogs with their own little logos and designs and things like that. How do you do that??? Tips PLEASE!!!
I had a productive Monday and Tuesday and today…welp today I just sat around and ate… and ate and I will probably get up after typing this blog to grab another bite of something.. I guess I could use the excuse it rained today, sure but I could have thrown in a workout dvd…but who wants to do that when you can eat and nap and listen to rain??? PLEASE someone tell me this is okay to do! At least once in a while. My first race is ONLY 17 days away… I should be getting geared up with healthy eating non stop and working on something like Pilates or something…anything…but no… I’m sitting around and eating…I’m addicted to peanut butter.
I found myself today coming down really hard on myself… I went out and put 8 miles in today…but the first 3 were awful. Not terrible time just felt horrible!! And since I felt horrible today I took some time out to try to get to the heart of the matter.
I think I’ve forgotten why I really started running in the first place.
I love to run because it makes me feel good inside and out. It shouldn’t be to grab a better time than so and so…
- because I’m a mother first and foremost!
- I am not a pro athlete, or elite, or even advanced for that matter
- I’m a believer in the Good Lord who loves and if I’m letting myself become so consumed with running and times and performance than I’m too consumed with myself than I am loving God and His people…
Don’t you just love it when you get that “oh goodness I’ve missed the mark” feeling…
However in the second half of my run today I tuned into my Pandora radio and listened to artists like Mikeschair and TobyMac and decided to pray and run. That’s when I hit my sweet spot and ran up courthouse hill! I will admit though at this point I was more or less yelling inside my head and making awful faces trying to get up that hill….and I did pause at the top to sip on some water…then went on with my bad self. For those of you that don’t know where that is, it’s only the worst hill in town! Well, in my opinion so far anyway.
Here’s a few power verses:
- “Seek first the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33
- “Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:30-31 (one of my personal favorites)
- “I love you, LORD; you are my strength.” Psalm 18:1
- “For the LORD your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and He will give you victory!” Deuteronomy 20:4 (this is a GREAT one to keep in the back of your mind at all times especially when the enemy of your mind tells you, you can’t or you’re pathetic or whatever personal ‘enemy’ you are battling against!)
- “The LORD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.” Psalm 118:14
- “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:8
I could go on with the verses! Just dig into the Word every morning and be encouraged! And be reminded that YOU are loved.
happy running and don’t forget why you’re running in the first place.
Keep it all in right order and perspective.
Healthy mind, body and soul.